Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag September 2013

I'm a little late sharing my glam bag with you this month, but it showed up on the same day as my Birchbox! I was so excited about my first Birchbox that I've been busy testing out all the products in my box! But now I've gotten around to trying a couple items in my Ipsy bag and am excited to show you what I got!!
 

This month's theme is Classic Beauty!
I really like this month's glam bag! It's a similar style to last month's bag except it's blue with a lace/floral design!
 
 
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
Deluxe Sample (4ml)-$8 Value
 
Everyone got this mascara in their bag. I'm not thrilled to be getting more mascara since you all know that I have a huge stash. At this rate I'll never need to buy mascara ever again! But I do like that it's part of an Ipsy exclusive product launch!
 
 
NYX Single Eye Shadow (Beauty Queen)
Full Size (0.085 oz)-$4.50 Value

Everyone also got one of these in their bag, but the shades varied. I've heard really good things about NYX eyeshadow, so I'm interested in trying the brand out. However, I'm a bit disappointed that I got a shade resembling the Mica Eye Shadow from last month's bag. I was hoping for a more dramatic color like a dark shimmery blue for going out, so I will pass on trying this shadow for now. I am still very interested in trying NYX products in the future, but hope to try a color more to my liking.

This month Ipsy had 12 variation items which we were to receive three. The variation items included Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm, J.Cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick, Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, Butter London Nail Lacquer, Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil, Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil, Freeman Beauty Facial Paper Mask, John Frieda Full Repair Full Body Shampoo, John Frieda Full Repair Full Body Conditioner, Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon, Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels, and Victoria Jackson Taupe Brow Pencil.


Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm (Big Apple)
Deluxe Sample (0.14 oz)-$16.63 Value

 
 I'm ecstatic that I got this in my bag! I've heard great things about their eyeliner, so I expected good things from this tinted lip balm! I'm more a pink lip girl than red, but I feel this shade was toned down enough for me. I also love the packaging since I'm use to balms in stick form! I really like that the little brush comes attached to the product making it easy for travel! I hate having to look for the  brush when trying to do a touch up on the go! This sample was also a good portion-it's slightly smaller than full size! This was my favorite product in this month's bag!!
 
 
J.Cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick (Honeycrisp)
Full Size-$2.49 Value
 
I'm not crazy about getting a lip stick in my bag since I still have a few in my inventory that I haven't even opened. But if I'm going to get a lipstick, I'm glad that it's a full size and a nude shade to add variety to my collection. However, with all the hype over last month's Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick, I'm not sure how this will compare.
 

Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
Full Size (0.017 oz)-$6.99 Value

 
I am psyched to get this liquid eyeliner in my bag! I haven't used liquid eyeliner in a long time and this will be perfect to use with my new false eyelashes! I have been wanting to wear false lashes, but don't have much experience in applying them. I've watched a few YouTube videos recently and there's been a lot of suggestions of using liquid eyeliner to cover the band, so I can't wait to try it with my new eyelashes! So far I've only tested this product without my falsies and I was quite pleased-it was very easy to apply in creating the perfect cat eye!


Free Extra: EM by Michelle Phan Sample Card

Since Michelle Phan recently came out with her new EM Cosmetics line, it was cool of Ipsy to include a free sample in this month's bag! I think a lot of Ipsters will be super psyched to try it out!

 
 I like that the insert shows you the actual size of the palette, so you know exactly what to expect.
 
 
I also love that they have color by number instructions!
 
Total Paid: $10.00
Total Value: $38.61

I'm so happy to see I got a lot of full size products from Ipsy this month!
What did you think of all the variation items?
 What did you get in your glam bag?
 
If  you'd like to sign up for Ipsy, I'd love it if you'd use my referral link! 
By doing so I can earn credit towards receiving an additional product in my bag to review!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment